People who are engaged in the chemical industry know that most of the raw materials, semi-finished products and finished products in the chemical industry are powder and granular materials, viscous materials, hot materials, etc. with the automation of the production process, the fully enclosed pneumatic conveying is the most ideal material transportation equipment, which greatly reduces the human cost of the chemical industry and improves the work efficiency.
There are many advantages in the selection of pneumatic conveying in the chemical industry. The connection function of production simplifies the handling of auxiliary equipment. The pipeline placement is sensitive and convenient for the random configuration of various equipment to avoid the mixing and scattering of sundries. It can complete various process requirements, such as mixing, grading, cooling, dust removal, etc.; it does not occupy a lot of workshop area and space; it can complete the automatic control and monitoring of production process A flow line is completed.
Of course, there are some problems to be noticed in the application of chemical materials in pneumatic conveying system:
(1) Avoid contamination of materials by impurities mixed into pneumatic conveying system. It is necessary to control the water content, oil content and dust content of compressed air within a certain range.
(2) Avoid mixing rust, iron and other materials, and install a magnetic iron remover at the material inlet. Stainless steel pipe or aluminum pipe shall be selected as the conveying pipe, and the general steel pipe selected under the condition of process permission shall be subject to surface rust removal.
(3) Avoid crushing, wear and deformation during material transportation. The selection of pneumatic conveying should select low-pressure continuous dilute phase conveying as far as possible to ensure the conveying function of materials.
(4) To ensure the safety of transportation of inflammable and explosive materials, inert gas should be used for circulation transportation. For materials with strong hygroscopicity, freeze dryer and air filter can be selected, and the air source can only be used after treatment.
(5) For materials and chemicals with static electricity, it is necessary to pay attention to pneumatic conveying of various parts, grounding of conveying pipe, storage hopper, dust remover, etc., and selection of anti-static raw materials and corresponding methods for filter materials of dust remover.